With screen printing t-shirts, you can either structure your very own t-shirts or utilize one of the standard plans offered by those organizations that spend significant time in t-shirt printing. Be that as it may, on the off chance that you want to plan your very own t-shirt, there are certain aspects of screen printing you ought to understand, in light of the fact that they impact on the type of structure you can utilize.
First, a short description of what is engaged with screen printing:
Screen Printing T-Shirts: the Process
a) The Screen
At one time this procedure was known as silk screen printing on the grounds that the screens utilized were produced using silk. It was a mainstream printing technique in China, consequently the silk, but current polymer strands presently empower us to utilize synthetic screens which are impressively more affordable.
Although the artwork is required before the screens can be made, an explanation of the technique will be important so you can understand the limitations in your structure. First, a work is required with openings sufficiently substantial to enable the ink to be crushed through it. A normal work will be (110 threads/inch), with lower for thicker inks and square pictures, and higher for thinner inks and more definition.
The work is coated with a light-sensitive emulsion, and the artwork put under it. Light is uncovered up through the screen, and where the light hits the screen, the synthetic cements and covers the work. The structure zone stops the light, so when the screen is washed, the territory of the plan is clear of the emulsion, while the rest is strong. This is true whether screen printing t-shirts or some other item.
b) The Printing
The screen is mounted in a case, and the garment is set under the crate. Ink is filled the container and a tool known as a ‘squeegee’ is pulled over, compelling the ink through the work. The ink is then dried, leaving the picture on the t-shirt.
As you can envision, this procedure is suitable just for a solitary shading for every printing on the grounds that just a single shading can be poured in the work box or they would run together. For more hues, the procedure must be repeated. Just delineated territories of individual shading can be printed, so it is beyond the realm of imagination to expect to combine one shade into another when screen printing t-shirts.
It ought to be apparent that another screen is required for each different shading except if the pattern is exactly the equivalent. This adds to the cost, and screen printing t-shirts are costly for individual garments. There is a repaired set cost and afterward an additional cost for each shading. The more t-shirts that are printed in a run, then the less expensive it gets for every individual garment.
Other printing methods, for example, digital printing, can print multiple hues without any expansion in cost. So why use screen printing for t-shirts rather than just digital? There are various reasons:
Advantages of Screen T-Shirt Printing
- Screen printing is advantageous on the off chance that you structure your own t-shirt with substantial regions of dark shading. Digital printing and other methods cannot print substantial regions as effectively as a screen.
- Screen printing t-shirts is extremely hazy and can cover any profound shading beneath it. Digital printing struggles to print light shades on top of dull, for example, light blue on bright yellow, without it looking green.
- Screen printing is great for whites, and even with DTG jet printers, white on dull often lasts close to two or three washes. Screen inks are undeniably increasingly stable and are thicker so give greater inclusion. You have to offer no particular washing instructions.
- Screen is extremely cost effective in the event that you have just a single shading, and on the off chance that you have longer runs screen beats most other methods for economy and cost.
- The hues are brighter and stand out more when screen printing t-shirts
Negatives of Screen Printing T-Shirts
Notwithstanding, there are likewise a couple of negatives to screen printing t-shirts, to be specific:
- Too costly for little requests with more than one shading in the structure.
- Takes time: most t-shirt printers will quote two weeks or more.
- You have limitations on your artwork.
Be that as it may, while screen t-shirt printing has a couple of negatives associated with the technique, it is nevertheless favored by most purchasers and t-shirt fashioners on account of the benefits.
The printers themselves will incline toward digital types of DTG printing, but in the event that you discover a t-shirt printer that will print your garments with your own structure utilizing the screen at an acceptable value, you will have brighter and more tough t-shirts than if some other method was utilized.
Screen printing t-shirts are currently a standout amongst the most utilized methods utilized by garment printers, but on the off chance that you want to plan your very own t-shirt, then it is best to have just a couple of hues at most in the event that you want the benefits of screen printing.
Further information on screen printing t-shirts and details on other printing techniques used with garments, are available on MyTShirtKings